German Style Hash
Today is Heavenly Hash Day and for some reason I have no heavenly hash ice cream recipes in my collection for me to share with you today, I’m gonna have to remedy that one. So instead I’m adding this recipe to our collection because it really does have a heavenly taste and I have loved sauerbraten since I was a kid. The beets add a nice flavor and they are also one of my favorite veggies.
- 2 cups sauerbraten, cubed
- ¼ cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups cooked potatoes cut in small cubes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teas salt
- ¼ teas pepper
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- Dash of cloves
- ⅓ cup German beer
- 2 teas flour
- ½ cup cooked beets cut in small cubes
- Melt the butter in a skillet and brown the potatoes on all sides.
- Add the onions and continue to cook until onions are golden in color, stirring occasionally.
- Season with the salt, pepper, bay leaf and cloves.
- Combine the beer with the flour to make a smooth paste.
- Remove potato mixture from the heat and stir in the flour mixture to blend well.
- Return to heat and add the sauerbraten and beets and mix well.
- Cook slowly until the hash is crisp, stirring occasionally.
Hope you enjoy…………..