Mushrooms In Sour Cream Sauce
If you like mushrooms, it doesn’t get any better than this, of course, you have to like sour cream too! This recipe is a favorite in Poland and hails from my Good Housekeeping International Cookbook along with a lot of other great foreign recipes. Not being overly fond of mushrooms, this might have to be one for me to try as I love sour cream and onions. Just maybe I could manage to get my hands on some Morels so I could try it, the one mushroom I love so much.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1-1/2 cups commercial sour cream, divided
- 1-1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ teas salt
- ¼ teas pepper
- ¼ teas paprika
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute the onion until golden.
- Sprinkle onions with the flour, add milk and ¾ cup of sour cream.
- While stirring, bring just to a simmer.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, pepper and paprika; simmer, covered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining ¾ cup of sour cream and heat thoroughly, while stirring constantly.
- Serve hot.
Hope you enjoy!