Special Blueberry Pancakes
Today is National Blueberry Pancake Day and these tasty cakes are on top of my list of goodies for breakfast! Blueberry season is a few months away, but I stock up on them while they’re here and at the rate we’re going, I think they might come in a little early this year. Signs of spring are here already, with robins covering our yard and the yellow flowered vine that we have in the woods is starting to bloom, about a month early. The pollen is also getting thick, changing the color of our car to green instead of it’s pretty silver gray! We have quite a few wild blueberries on our property, however, as sweet as they are, they tend to have very large seeds making them kind of crunch when you eat them, so I stick to going to the blueberry patch for ours.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teas baking powder
- 1 teas baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ teas nutmeg
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 cups blueberries
- Combine the flour, with the remaining dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs and oil.
- Stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients; fold in the blueberries.
- Cook on your griddle or skillet as you would any pancake.
- Stir mixture lightly each time before pouring onto your griddle because the berries will sink to the bottom of the batter.
If you love blueberries as I do, top cakes with blueberry syrup or blueberry jam and lots of butter……………..enjoy!