Italian Style Scalloped Potatoes
Scalloped potatoes are a big plus in our home and just had them for lunch, trying to clean out the frig after doing a lot of cooking this weekend, lots of left-overs for some tasty quick lunches as we have a busy week ahead! It’s hard to believe that we are 2/3’s of the way through January already and I still don’t have my house back in order from the holidays although, we do have a good chunk of it done. I still have to finish up with our crazy holidays for January and wanting to stay away from the boob tube today, for obvious reasons, maybe I’ll get to them this afternoon.
- ¾ cup + 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp + 1-1/2 dried marjoram, divided
- 1 teas salt
- ¾ teas garlic powder
- ¼ teas nutmeg
- ¼ teas black pepper
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped prosciutto
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ water
- Combine the ¾ cup of Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon marjoram and the next 4 ingredients and set aside.
- Arrange ⅓ of the potatoes in a 9x13-inch baking dish that has been lightly greased, top with half of the prosciutto and half of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers ending with the potatoes.
- Combine the cream and water; pour over the potatoes and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and marjoram.
- Cover and bake for 1-1/2 hours in a 350 degree oven, uncover and bake for 30 extra minutes.