Spaghetti With Tomato And Bacon Sauce
Today is National Spaghetti Day and I wanted to put something in a little different than spaghetti and meatballs or meat sauce. And yes, again I’m on a bacon kick! You’d think Kenny and I ate bacon all the time and I think the way to curb my eating it, is to just put in recipes that contain it, you know when you’re in the kitchen all day cooking, when it’s time to eat you’re really not all that hungry! Kenny does that all the time when he’s smoking something on the grill for us to enjoy for dinner; he sits down and does nothing but nibble, claiming he’s not very hungry.
- ½ lb bacon, chopped
- 2 small white onions or 1 medium, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1-1/2 lbs Roma tomatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ teas fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Grated Italian cheeses such as Parmesan, Romano or Pecorino for topping
- Cook the bacon and onions until browned but not crisp.
- Add the wine, tomatoes and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until wine has evaporated and sauce has thickened.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti and top with your favorite cheese.
Really love the bacon with the tomatoes and like to serve with a nice romaine salad with fresh chopped tomatoes and garlic toast to make this a BLT type dinner……………..enjoy!