Oatmeal Raisin Muffins II
These muffins would be a great start to Christmas morning or actually any morning as far as that goes! They also are a great companion to that ham dinner you might be having for Christmas dinner. Today is Oatmeal Muffin Day and just in time for the holiday which is only 6 days away! Can’t wait for Santa, granddaughter and boyfriend’s visit and of course all the good eats and treats!
- ¾ cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- ¼ cup bran
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teas baking powder
- ½ teas baking soda
- 1 teas salt
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup raisins
- Combine the oats and the next 6 ingredients, stir well and set aside.
- Cream shortening, gradually adding the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add the oat mixture to the shortening mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the oat mixture; stir just until moistened and fold in raisins.
- Spoon into greased muffin pan, filling ¾ full.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we do……………..