Deviled Eggs Avocado Style
This is not one for us, but thought someone out there would love to give it a go as I was told they were very good. Although I love my avocados and Kenny loves his deviled eggs, neither of us are fans of the other. I have been making deviled eggs for years, but only for when company comes or just for a treat for husband when we have something barbequed on the grill.
- 1 dozen eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teas salt
- ¼ teas fresh ground pepper
- 1 teas dry mustard
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed; scoop out pulp and mash.
- Mix avocado with the garlic, sale, pepper, mustard and mayonnaise.
- Cut eggs in half, remove yolk and mash well adding this to the avocado mixture; mix well.
- Fill egg whites with the avocado mixture and sprinkle with paprika or top with a little piece of pimento.
I’ll just stick to my avocados and Kenny said, he’ll just stick to his plain deviled eggs. Hope you enjoy this strange mixture as it would be pretty on the Christmas dinner table!