Bacon Roll Ups With Crab
More goodies for your party, to please your guests! Kenny and I love to serve finger foods when we have guests as most of them can be made ahead of time to free the cook up so he or she can do more visiting with their friends. Now this dish can be prepped ahead of time but it needs to be cooked at the last minute, which is not a big deal, just pop it in the oven while you’re getting out the other dishes. Love the flavor of the crab and bacon together. I like to use fresh crab meat if I have it on hand!
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 teas fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ teas seafood seasoning powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (6 oz) crab meat, drained, rinsed and all shell removed
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- Combine the tomato juice and egg and mix well.
- Add bread crumbs, parsley and season with seafood seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add crab meat and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto bacon slices, roll up and fasten with a toothpick.
- Cook under broiler, turning often, until bacon is nicely browned and crispy.
Hope you enjoy!