Kahlua Black Russian Pie
Well as we start the last month of the year and with everyone’s thoughts on baking for the holiday, I thought I’d share another recipe put out in my Kahlua cookbook pamphlet. My homemade Kahlua is coming along wonderfully in the frig and will be sipping on it real soon along with our homemade peppermint schnapps. We also love to pour some of these concoctions over vanilla ice cream. Today is also National Pie Day along with National Eat a Red Apple Day! The second one won’t work for us as we seem to be Granny Smith lovers, too bad!
- 1 cup crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (I use oreos about 14)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 24 large (not the jumbo they have today) marshmallows
- ½ cup cold milk
- ⅛ teas salt
- ⅓ cup Kahlua
- 1 cup whipping cream
- For the crust, combine the cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly over bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate and freeze until firm.
- For the filling, melt the marshmallows along with the milk and salt in a double boiler over hot water.
- Cool until mixture mounds on a spoon and stir in the Kahlua.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form and fold into marshmallow mixture.
- Chill until mixture ripples when lightly stirred (about 30 minutes).
- Turn into chilled cookie crust and refreeze until firm.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and whipped cream if desired.
Hope you enjoy, I know I will……….