Potato Bacon Pie
This is a very simple idea that is a great dish to accompany eggs in the morning, a hamburger at lunch and even a baked ham or fried pork chops. Of course you know by now that we love our recipes that have bacon in them and believe it or not, we really do not pig out on bacon, just a little here and a little there. Husband was just complaining that we hadn’t had a BLT in a long time and I think that stemmed from just last night when we had jalapeno stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, will get that recipe out to you soon as it was delicious and husband found the recipe on the internet, drooling as he read it off to me!
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- ½ cup milk
- 12 slices bacon
- ½ teas white pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain and mash, do not whip.
- While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- Combine the potatoes, bacon, pepper and milk and mix well.
- Grease an 8-inch pie plate (I use some bacon fat for this to add extra flavor) and spread potato mixture in evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and crisp on top.
Sometimes I even like to add some cheddar cheese to these babies…………Enjoy!