Homemade Cranberry Relish
Another recipe cut from a newspaper years ago that is simple to make without having to cook it like some of the recipes I’ve seen. Thanksgiving Day is also National Cranberry Relish Day and what turkey dinner table doesn’t have this tasty dish to go along with all the other goodies? Well if you’re not a cranberry nut like I am, maybe not, but my mom always had a relish tray on our table along with some homemade cranberry relish!
|Homemade Cranberry Relish|| |
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- Fresh orange juice of 2 oranges
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2-3/4 cup sugar
- Grind cranberries and place in a bowl.
- Core and finely chop the apples and add to the cranberries along with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well to dissolve the sugar, cover and refrigerate overnight to let the flavors blend.
Hope you enjoy your wonderful feast on Thanksgiving! See you after the holiday as I am off with husband to start cooking and prepping for tomorrow!