This recipe is in response to yesterday’s post on stuffing or dressing. Our friend Jenn told me that she always uses a family recipe that includes potatoes for her stuffing and I told her I would love to see the recipe as I had never heard of using potatoes, well not really. I came across this recipe a long time ago and forgot about it as it was stashed in my newspaper clippings that I always seem to cut out, with the good intentions of trying someday. So many recipes, so little time. I am also a creature of habit and when I find something we like I tend to fix it until we turn into whatever we’re eating. So Jenn, is this one like your mom’s, let me know!
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4-5 stalks of celery, sliced
- ½ cup butter
- 2-1/2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bag (6 oz) bread croutons
- 3 eggs
- 1 teas parsley
- ½ teas poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turkey broth (may us chicken)
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute potatoes until done, adding the celery and onions when potatoes start to get tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the potato mixture with the croutons.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over the potatoes and add enough broth to moisten the mixture.
- Stuff your turkey and cook, well you know what to do now, cook the turkey until it's done!
- This recipe can also be cooked outside the turkey in a greased 9x13 inch dish. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
I will continue to stuff my bird, always………….enjoy!