Creamy Green Beans
We love the standard casserole dish of green beans with the french fried onions, but for just the two of us, it’s just too much as I don’t find it refrigerates very well for reheating! I’ve even tried to cut the recipe in half and still have left-overs, so instead we’re having these as I can cut this recipe in half and skip the left-overs; gotta have room for the more important things like the left-over turkey and most of all the brewskies! This is just a very simple recipe that I found a long time ago and I have added the onions and bacon to it, of course!
- ¾ lb fresh green beans
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 package (3 oz) softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¾ teas celery seed
- ¼ teas salt
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Reserving one tablespoon of the bacon drippings, cook onion until golden brown.
- Snip ends of green beans and cut french style; steam until crisp-tender and drain.
- Add cooked bacon and onions and keep warm.
- Combine the cream cheese with the milk, celery seed and salt.
- Place warm beans in serving dish and pour cheese mixture over.
Green beans always accompany our Thanksgiving feast one way or another………….enjoy!