Cranberry Pecan Loaves
With everyone’s mind on holiday baking and homemade gifts for friends and family, this is the perfect loaf to wrap up to go in the goodie basket. Fresh cranberries and pecans are easily found this time of year and who can resist fresh made cookies, cakes and breads? I know I’d much rather receive something someone took the time to make rather a gift from the store! I like to bake these in my individual loaf pans so there’s plenty to go around. Don’t forget, it’s still Georgia Pecan Month, so let’s get going here:
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 6 oz can orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teas vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 teas baking soda
- ⅛ teas salt
- Cut cranberries in half and mix with the orange juice and sugar; set aside and stir occasionally.
- Combine the eggs, butter, vanilla and bananas in a large bowl and stir in the nuts and dry ingredients; stir in the cranberry mixture and stir just until thoroughly moistened.
- Pour batter into 2 loaf pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven with a piece of foil over the top; remove foil and bake for 50 minutes longer or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Great with a cup of coffee in the morning……….I just can’t wait to start baking………….enjoy!