Today is National Mincemeat Day and my mom loved this recipe as she loved her mincemeat! I never did acquire the taste for it and I think I’m the only one in the family who sticks up a nose to it, but I might like these, who knows. This recipe is also a nice addition for the holidays coming up, so I’m putting it out there for all you mincemeat lovers!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teas baking soda
- 3 tbsp hot water
- ½ teas salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pkg Non-such mincemeat
- 4-1/2 cups flour
- Cream together the butter, sugar, salt until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Break mincemeat into small pieces and fold into batter.
- Add nuts and flour that has been sifted.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet and cook in a 300 degree oven until browned.
Found this recipe in an old tin of my mom’s and it was a little vague about how long to cook them, sorry but the recipe did seem kinda easy and I’m sure they’ll turn out just fine…………..enjoy!