Hey everyone, Wednesday was National Bologna Day and I missed it somehow! With our granddaughters coming over yesterday to celebrate Pappy’s birthday and lots of cooking to do, I’m just out of my routine, but not that I’m sorry because we had a wonderful birthday party last night and really enjoyed it! We all hadn’t been together in a very long time and we did a lot of laughing, what more could you ask for? Well anyhow, Kenny found this recipe in an old cookbook I have and he put it on top of his list of things for me to cook for him. He loves his bologna and I can’t believe that the day before his birthday was National Bologna Day!
|Bologna Casserole|| |
- ¾ lb bologna, NOT sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- Pepper to taste
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Dice bologna to make 2 cups and combine with the next 6 ingredients.
- Spray a round cake pan with cooking oil and place mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle with potato chips and bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Hope you enjoy Kenny’s bologna dish he found, now he can add this one to his fried bologna sandwiches, his favorite lunch!