These is no safe hiding place for a meatball recipe, and this one is dedicated to October being Pizza Month. Love to serve these over toasted Italian bread or in a hoagie roll with fried mozzarella sticks on the side for dipping into the pizza sauce. As you know, we grind our own hamburger meat, therefore we like any recipe that calls for ground beef and the cost factor is also a big plus as meat prices are skyrocketing!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 teas fresh ground pepper
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese sticks, cut into 24 pieces
- 1 jar (15 oz) pizza sauce, I make homemade
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, onion and pepper and mix well.
- Cover each cheese piece with about 1 tbsp of the meat mixture, forming into a ball and making sure to completely cover the cheese.
- Place in a lightly greased baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat pizza sauce in a large saucepan and bring to a boil; add cooked meatballs, reduce heat and cook just until heated through.
Hope you try these for Pizza Month, enjoy!