All Veggie Spaghetti Sauce
Since it’s Vegetarian Month, this recipe is a delightful combination of fresh vegetables added into a tomato based sauce and seasoned with Italian herbs. It’s a great recipe for those who who shun eating meat and a great change for those of us who still like our steak and burgers!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup halved and sliced zucchini
- ½ cup small broccoli florets
- ½ cup small cauliflower florets
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can ( 14-1/2 oz) whole tomatoes
- 2 can ( 6 oz each) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes, crushed
- 1 teas dried basil, crushed
- 1 teas dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teas salt
- 1 teas sugar
- ¼ teas fresh ground pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil and saute the next 7 ingredients until onion is transparent in color.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Don’t forget a nice tossed salad and lotsa garlic bread………..enjoy!