Country Farmers Breakfast
Since it’s almost the end of the All American Breakfast month, I thought I’d add another recipe that has everything but the kitchen sink, all whooped up into one pan, easy clean up for the cook! Tomorrow will be the last day of the month for me and that means more crazy holidays to share and I have a couple of recipes I’d like to get in before October marks the calender, so here we go…
- ½ cup shredded American cheese
- 5 eggs
- 5 slices bacon
- 1-1/2 tbsp chopped onion (I use scallions)
- ½ medium tomato, chopped
- 3 boiled small potatoes (Boil some extra potatoes the night before and keep them for breakfast)
- ½ teas salt
- ¼ teas fresh ground black pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp, let drain on paper towels and break into small pieces.
- Reserve one tablespoon of the bacon drippings in the skillet and add the onions, tomato, potatoes (that have been diced) and seasonings.
- Saute until potatoes start to brown nicely.
- Add the eggs and stir mixture, cooking to desired doneness of the eggs.
- Add cheese and mix well.
- Serve nice and hot!
I hope you enjoy!