JFK Salad Dressing
This recipe hails from an old book called Famous Florida Recipes and was created by Fontainebleau Hotel chef at Miami Beach for John F. Kennedy, just wish they had given the chef’s name. Thought it was a nice piece of history to pass on to all our followers!
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teas salt
- ¼ teas pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 teas prepared mustard
- 3 cups salad oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- Crack eggs into bowl.
- Crush garlic and add
- Combine with salt, pepper, paprika and mustard; mix well.
- Add oils slowly, beating constantly.
- If mixture gets too thick, add a little vinegar.
- Continue beating, add all of the vinegar until thoroughly blended.
- Correct salt, pepper to taste.
I can still remember the day President Kennedy was shot, like it was yesterday. Attending Catholic school and all the nuns crying. My birthday party was scheduled for that weekend and my friends were taking the bus home with me for a slumber/birthday party, boy did that put a damper on the weekend as everyone was glued to the TV!!