Well I’ve been kinda long-winded today with the excitement of my new books, so I’m going give you a short recipe that I think you might enjoy next time you make a chocolate cake (chocolate and bananas, oh my!) or maybe ever top off that banana bread you just baked off in the oven!
- 2 tbsp Crisco shortening
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ teas salt
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teas lemon juice
- ⅓ cup mashed ripe bananas
- Cream the Crisco, butter, salt and lemon juice.
- Beat in ½ cup of the sugar and continue, alternating with the bananas and remaining sugar.
- Continue beating until mixture is smooth and creamy!
This recipe will frost 1 cake nicely and very good with chopped nuts sprinkled on top. Don’t forget the lemon juice in this recipe as it keeps the frosting from turning brown with the bananas in it. Cover and refrigerate any left-over cake…………..enjoy!