Mexican Fried Banana Peppers
“National Fruits & Vegetable Month” is here and this is just a simple recipe that is great to munch on during football games with all the other finger food you might have fixed, you have plenty of brews to sooth the heat! Just make sure you have them prepped and the batter mixed so you can fry them during half-time. Don’t want to miss any of the game!
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- ½ teas salt
- ¼ teas baking powder
- ½ - 1 teas chili powder, depends how hot you like them
- ⅛ teas ground cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 12 medium banana peppers, split and seeds removed
- Combine all the dry ingredients and slowly add the milk to make a smooth batter.
- Dip peppers into batter and deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm
Try these as a go-with next time you have a nice big bowl of chili or maybe even atop that big fat juicy hamburger………..enjoy!