Syrian Rice And Noodles
Next time you decide to have chow mein or any dish you serve over rice, try this instead of the plain rice you’d normally fix. It’s a very simple recipe and a nice change. I love it for homemade pepper steak!
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup fine egg noodles
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tbsp salt
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add noodles and cook until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Add rice and hot water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Do not stir while simmering.
Don’t think I’ll be doing much cooking until this storm goes away, away…………enjoy!