Four Cheese Omelet
What can I say, an omelet is good no matter how you cook it up or what you put into it. This recipe has a nice combo of spices to compliment the eggs and tomatoes to really wake up your taste buds in the morning or any meal you choose to make it. Here, we can handle eggs for breakfast, lunch or dinner as we have Henny and Penny out in the chicken coop supplying us with fresh eggs!
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup grated American cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 eggs
- Combine the cheeses in a small bowl.
- Mix together the herbs in another small container.
- In another bowl, combine the onions and tomatoes.
- Whisk 2 eggs together with 1 tablespoon of the herbs and pour into an omelet pan that has been heated with a little butter or oil.
- Lift edges of egg to allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
- When omelet is almost done to desired consistency, top one side with a ¼ of the cheese and ¼ of the tomato and scallion mixture.
- Flip uncovered part of the eggs over and slide onto a serving plate to keep warm and continue with remaining eggs for a total of 4 omelets.
Make some toast and enjoy!