Spicy Crock Pot Brisket
Crock-Pot recipes are so nice in this busy world today, whether you work or just have full schedules that don’t leave much time for the kitchen. It’s also nice for these hot days of summer, keeping the oven OFF and the kitchen cool!
- 1 beef brisket (2 to 2-1/2 lbs)
- ½ teas salt
- ¼ teas pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (12 oz) beer
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- Place the beef in your crock-pot, top with veggies, salt and pepper, pour in the picante sauce and beer.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm.
- Skim off excess fat from the liquid.
- Turn setting to HIGH.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and slowly add to the meat juices, stirring occasionally, and cook for about 20 minutes or until thickened.
Wonderful served over hot cooked egg noodles with that tasty gravy and don’t forget the hot rolls to sop up the extra gravy. Great the next day for lunch, served over toast with a side of fries to dip in the gravy…..Enjoy!