Since I told the story about eating dessert first, and it included apple pie, I thought I’d give you a no-bake pie since it’s summer and who wants to turn on the oven with it so hot!
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 3 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup natural applesauce
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 egg whites beaten stiff
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Combine the egg yolks, milk, applesauce, juice and rind and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites and pour into pie crust.
- Top with cracker crumbs and chill well before serving.
I like to use the cinnamon spiced applesauce for this recipe and if you make your own applesauce it’s even better! Another refreshing dessert for a hot summer day……..Enjoy!