Shredded Wheat Pudding
Another blast from the past out of my Toll House Cook Book! I know my granddad would have loved this dish as he loved his shredded wheat. A little bit on the proper side, he always cut up the large shredded wheat biscuits with a knife instead of using his hands. I can picture it like it was yesterday, sitting at the breakfast table and watching him carefully cut them into slices, unlike me who broke them up with my hands and got nasty looks for doing so. I don’t think he was still alive when they came out with the mini biscuits, he would have loved the spoon-size!
- 2 (large) shredded wheat biscuits, broken up in small pieces.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup molasses
- 1 teas cinnamon
- ¼ teas salt
- Place shredded wheat in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture over the shredded wheat and dot with butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with hard sauce or whipped cream.
When I was in the store the other day, I saw the large biscuits still exist for you to buy; didn’t know they were still around…..enjoy!