This is a salad that requires almost no fresh veggies, it’s the touch of a can opener to make, and great in a pinch! And you can mix ‘n match the veggies to suit your families taste buds!
- 1 can (16 oz) of each (all drained):)
- French style green beans
- Mixed vegetables
- Sweet peas
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all veggies in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil and pour over the veggies.
- Let cool slightly, cover and refrigerate over night, stirring occasionally.
- Drain veggies before serving.
Right before serving, you can even add some left over chopped up meat you might have hanging around in the frig! Hope ya’ll enjoy Pantry Salad sometime soon……..