Bell Pepper Stew
A simple dish with just good ole vegetables! Feel free to mix and match your your favorite veggies to this recipe, this is just a basic start; just remember to adjust cooking time with what you decide!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teas salt
- ½ teas pepper
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- In a Dutch oven, brown onion in the oil.
- Add water, peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Mix the flour with a little water to make a paste and add to liquid, stirring to thicken.
This can also be a side dish to pork chops or ham if you just gotta have some meat! And also, any left over cooked veggies can be added for a true veggie meal. Enjoy!