Almond Flavored Cheesecake Strawberries
What a week! Granddaughters baby shower was yesterday and because of the bitter cold and overcast weather, we had to have it inside Waffle House where my daughter works. Gram did most of the food with husband by her side helping and we made sandwiches with egg salad, ham salad and chicken salad that we cut out into teddy bears with one of my old cookie cutters which went over big and I have to say, they were so darn cute! Not much was leftover and I was glad I had held some back on the home front for husband and I to enjoy later!
Granddaughter made the cake and for a novice in decorating, she did an excellent job! She made a blue velvet cake put out by Duncan Hines that was supposed to let everyone know the gender of the baby when she cut into it, however, her boyfriend and mom both slipped and let the cat out of the bag early so most people there already knew the big secret!
With so much preparation this week, I screwed up on these strawberries but they still were a big hit and the recipe was asked for by a few people there. In my haste to make them at the last minute as I wanted them as fresh as possible, I mistakenly threw in 2 cups of milk into the pudding mix like the box recipe calls for and it was supposed to be 1 cup plus 1 cup of heavy cream that had been whipped with the almond extract into stiff peaks and then folded into the pudding mixture! Thank God, that was the only screw-up I managed to have during the fixings for the party, PHEW! So with that I’ll give you the real recipe that will give you a stiffer consistency but, you can just use the two cups of milk and add the almond flavoring. It just will be a little softer texture.
|Almond Flavored Cheesecake Strawberries||
- 2 pints strawberries
- 1 small package instant cheesecake pudding mix ( I used sugar free as there was a diabetic in the crowd)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teas almond extract
- Ground almonds
- Shaved chocolate
- Stem strawberries and halve.
- Whisk the pudding mix with 1 cup of milk until well blended and it starts to thicken.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff and fold in the almond extract.
- Gently fold the cream into the pudding mix.
- Pipe mixture onto the strawberry halves (I could not do this as I didn’t use the heavy cream, so I just spooned it on top).
- Sprinkle the almonds and chocolate on top if desired.
It was a great party enjoyed by all…………..Hope you enjoy! Oh yea…don’t forget to spring your clock’s forward today!