Honey Sweet Corn Muffins
With yet another appointment this week to the doc’s office, I can hardly concentrate on cooking, so bare with me as I at least make an attempt to get something in for you to try at home……………
Wanted to try this and compare it to the Country Corn Bread recipe we posted back in 2011; WOW where does the time go? These little puppies were pretty up there on our taster scale and I did like the fact of using honey for the sweetness although the basic mix that you use to make them, already contains sugar; double the sweet tooth pleasure without going overboard, yum. However, I will make them again and next time I think I’ll add a tad bit of diced jalepeno pepper to the batter to do the sweet and hot approach to compliment a nice ham steak or maybe just some good old fried chicken; good thing I had a big lunch today or I’d be running to the kitchen right now and munching on something or t’other!!!!
|Honey Sweet Corn Muffins|| |
- For the basic mix:
- 12 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 2 teas salt
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- For the muffins:
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey (I only used locally produced honey)
- 2 cups of the basic mix
- 1 cup yellow or white corn meal
- Combine all the liquid ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups that have been greased or paper lined, ⅔ full.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
The basic mix will last for awhile in an airtight container in your pantry for up to 3-4 months for you!
Hope you enjoy…………..