Hammy Cheesy Onion Quiche
First of all, let me start by saying “Happy Halloween” and let us show you one of our toys that we have fun with during this time of year! Okay, get your mind in the right place, shame on you! As you know we love our battery toys (again, keep it clean here!) for Christmas (well I do, however Kenny cringes at the battery bill!), but this one is the only one we have for Halloween. I have probably at least 10 new ones to display for the Christmas season and I am starting to run out of space to put them. I think it has something to do with a new young ‘un to spoil when he comes to see what Santa has left at our house this year, oh boy, oh boy, I can’t wait!
Come on and sing along!!!
Now on with the quiche that I told you I made last weekend for Sunday morning breakfast to enjoy with our company. It’s a no-brainer, but when I was younger, making a homemade quiche intimated me so, so very bad. After my first stab at this, it has become one of our favorite foods for any meal we desire and with having fresh eggs again, it was a given. This recipe is for a 9-inch quiche, but because I make mine in a regular quiche pan that’s a little larger, I use about 1 and a half of the dough called for a nine incher, so you just have to adjust according to your pan.
|Hammy Cheesy Onion Quiche|| |
- One unbaked pie crust for a 9-inch pie plate, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One good dash of cayenne pepper and cumin
- 1 and ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- Prepare pie crust if you made homemade.
- Sprinkle bottom of crust with the ham and onion.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and spices.
- Stir in the cheese and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot or refrigerate after cooling and reheat by slices in your microwave for a few seconds depending on the wattage of your microwave oven until hot.
Don’t be afraid to make homemade quiche, it’s a piece of cake or pie…………….Enjoy and don’t eat too much candy tonight, ha ha!!!!!
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook or join our news letter to keep up with the latest recipes.