Creamy Vanilla And Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
As some of you know, a couple of weeks ago I picked up an older yogurt maker and I have to say that I am not a big fan of just plain yogurt! I ended up with it sitting in my frig trying to figure out what to do with the rest of it after I ran out of strawberries to top it off. Husband doesn’t care for yogurt at all but I think now I might be able to remedy that situation. My Country Living Magazine had all kinds of different ways to spruce up plain frozen yogurt and after making my version, I can’t wait to experiment with more ways to make this treat as husband even thought it was pretty good and very tasty. It still had a little of the sourness that good yogurt has, but now I know exactly what is in it versus the store bought stuff! Of course you will need some kind of ice cream maker for the freezing part to make it easy on yourself or you can do it the old fashion way by freezing it and after a little while in the freezer, take it out, stir and refreeze.
|Creamy Vanilla And Strawberry Frozen Yogurt|| |
- 1-1/2 cups store bought plain Greek yogurt or homemade
- 1 cup half and half
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 oz fresh honey
- ¾ tsp French vanilla extract
- ⅛ teas kosher salt
- Heaping cup of chopped fresh strawberries
- ⅛ cup of sugar
- Whisk together the yogurt with the next 5 ingredients, cover and chill until very cold, two hours or more.
- Place chopped berries in a saucepan with the ⅛ cup of sugar over medium-high heat and cook until fruit has softened, about 6-8 minutes; cool completely.
- Pour yogurt mixture into your electric ice cream maker bowl and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, adding strawberries during the last few minutes of freezing time or fold into frozen mixture before placing in your freezer.
- Wait at least 2 hours before eating, if you can wait that long!
Hope you enjoy this wonderful, healthy treat! Have a great week end! Let me know if you have a favorite yogurt recipe!